1. Play with a partner.
2. Mix or shuffle the cards and place them in a pile facedown between the two players.
3. One player turns over two cards and says the sum of the numbers.
4. The other player turns over the next two cards and says the sum of the numbers.
5. The player with the higher sum takes all four cards.
6. In case of a tie, each player draws one more card to add the sum. The higher sum wins all the cards.
7. Play ends when not enough cards remain for both players to have another turn. The winner is the player with more cards.
Name That Number
1. One player shuffles the cards and places the deck facedown.
2. A second player turns the top five cards faceup and places them in a row.
3. The second player then turns the next card faceup and places it next to the deck. This is the number to be named-the target number.
4. In turn, players try to name the target number by adding or subtracting the numbers on any two of the other faceup cards.
5. If the player names the target number with two cards, the player takes those two cards and the card for the target number. The player replaces the three cards with the top three cards from the facedown deck.
6. If a player cannot name the target number, the player turns over the top card from the facedown deck. This becomes the target number for the next player.
7. Play continues until all facedown cards have been turned over. 8. The player who has the most cards wins.
1. Partners put 20 pennies and 10 nickels in a pile. This is the bank.
2. Players take turns rolling a die and collecting the number of pennies shown on the die from the bank.
3. Whenever players have at least 5 pennies, they say "Exchange!" and trade 5 pennies for a nickel from the bank.
4. The game ends when there are no more nickels in the bank. The player who has more nickels wins. If players have the same number of nickels, the player with more pennies wins.
Variation: Play with a larger bank and two dice.
One More-One Less
1. Take a deck of cards (you can choose to only use the numbers 2-10 or you can play with an entire deck).
2. Deal 6 cards to each player.
3. Take the top two cards from the deck and place each one face up.
4. Put the rest of the cards number side down in a pile .
5. Take turns. When it is your turn:
ü look for any number in your hand that comes just before or just after one of the faceup numbers. Put it on top of the number. Play as many cards as you can.
ü Take as many cards as you need from the deck so that you have 6 cards again.
ü If you can't play any cards when it is your turn, take 2 cars from the deck. Place them number side up on top of the 2 cards on the table. Try to play cards from your hand again. If you still can't play, your turn is over.
6. The game is over when:
ü All cards have been taken from the deck.
ü No one can play any more cards.
7. The player holding fewer cards wins.