1. What do you think the title, I Have Lived a Thousand Years, mean and how does it correspond to the book?
2. How did Elli change from before she was deported to the time of liberation? How did the Holocaust affect intellectually and emotionally?
3. Elli and her mother had the normal mother-daughter relationship before they were deported, how did their relationship change throughout this horrible experience?
4. Before Elli and her family were deported, her father showed her where he buried the families most prized possessions in the back corner of the cellar. Why did Elli freak out and start yelling at her father? What was she thinking that made her feel this way?
5. What do you believe is Elli's biggest lesson out of the whole Holocaust experience? What knowledge did she learn while living the Holocaust and bring into her future life?