Homework: It is your responsibility to complete your homework on time and turn it in. There is a basket on the desk for all homework. I do not collect homework. You need to turn it in on the day it is due.
Excused absences will be given the school approved time for work to be turned in. Late work will be accepted with following stipulations:
• 1 -2 days late: Grade is reduced by 15%
• 3+ days late: Grade is reduced by 50
***Late assignments will not be accepted during the last week of the quarter***
***I reserve the right to stop accepting late assignments.***
· If you need an extension on any assignment, please see me in advance, not the day before the assignment is due. We can determine an extension or I can answer any questions you have about your work.
· It is YOUR responsibility to ask for work that you missed the day you return.
Your success in this class is very closely correlated with your attendance. I want and expect you to be here!
All students are expected to be in their seats and ready to go when the 2nd bell rings. If you are in the classroom, but not in your seat, you will be marked “Tardy”.
3-4 tardies = Detention
5 tardies = ISS
6 tardies = Conference with student and possible
removal from class
Make up Work
Excused absences will be given the school approved time for work to be turned in (2 days).
· Your absence MUST BE excused in order to receive make up work!
· It is YOUR responsibility to get work that you missed.
All make up work needs to be turned in to me within 2 days of your return to be eligible for credit.
Missed labs need to be made up at home at your own expense.
Cooking labs are privileges and can be taken away!!!!!!!!
· Be Respectful: Mistreatment of others will not be tolerated, as well as no swearing, stealing, or mishandling others’ property. I will ask to speak to those students who do not meet these expectations
· Be on time and prepared: Please be at your table when the bell rings. Have all items needed for class with you. Please do not ask me to borrow pens or paper.
· Be positive and participate: Please raise your hand if you have something to say, do not interrupt others or shout out responses. Please be polite when giving your point of view and listening to others’.
· Intentional tampering of lab projects: Any student that chooses to tamper with another group’s lab project will not be tolerated. I have a “Zero” tolerance policy for this type of behavior.
· Students are expected to listen, take-notes (if applicable), and participate in classroom activities.
· Cell phones and IPods: Cell phone use~don’t do it. Fortunately, this room does not have good cell phone reception. Save yourself the time and trouble and just leave it in your pocket. If you choose to use your phone, I will take it. IPods are not necessary. Leave them in your pocket. Playing games during class will not be tolerated.
· Discipline procedures:
• School policies and procedures found in the handbook will be followed for discipline situations.
• Any discipline reports from a substitute teacher will result in double the consequences set forth by the handbook or detention with me.
Students with individual learning needs should talk with me to make learning adaptations in the classroom. The sooner arrangements are made, the better your learning will be.
If you have any food allergies, please let me know immediately. On a notecard (I will give you one…) please write your name, hour, class and known allergies.
No categories found
There are no files available for any categories.